Status of Qt4 qmake support

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 31 13:09:43 UTC 2006

On 31.07.06 08:47:33, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Sunday 30 July 2006 17:05, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 30.07.06 15:39:30, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > > As a point of curiosity do you have any ideas on how to
> > > handle PRI support.
> >
> > I don't even know what PRI's are. If you have some docs explaining them,
> > I could see what I can do...
> PRI files are basicly include files for .pro files.  You can use the
> include(...) function in QMake to use them.  Syntacticly they are identical
> to .pro files.

Thanks.

> I got stuck as to how to edit them via the GUI. Should they
> be children of the project in the QMake project treeview?  Or maybe a
> seperate dialog.

I would do this the same way scopes work, i.e. a new leaf under the
subproject with a proper new icon.

> Even if I could not edit them via the GUI though, just
> having them parsed for SOURCE, HEADERS and UI files would be a big win.

There's a comment inside the trollprojecwidget about pri-parsing,
however no code and currently I'm rather reluctant about changing that.
I'd much more like to work on integrating the AST from the qmake parser,
which would simplify this a lot.

>  The big problem is if we don't then KDevelop never knows about those
>  files, and they wont appear in the class view.

Yeah, the automake manager has similar "problems" with conditional
sub-projects, i.e. the list of directories is "calculated" at configure
time and thus the automake manager doesn't show any classes inside those
directories in the class view.

Let's see how far I get in the next couple of days...

You have no real enemies.