Improving qmake-qt4 support in KDevelop3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 24 20:06:47 UTC 2006

On 24.07.06 20:46:39, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> However having browsed a bit through the various qmake-related dirs
> under buildtools I'm a bit lost ;-)
>
> Apart from KDevelop's API documentation, is there some kind of
> introductory material to how the qmake buildsystem works?

Well, I started a bit on  that, and now I'm really confused. According
to the docs KDevBuildTool is deprecated, however the
qmakeprojectpart.cpp still subclasses it and is the class used for qmake
support.

Then there's buildtools/projectmanager/importers/qmake which contains a
KDevProjectEditor. However there's no KDevProjectImporter...

Last but not least there's the real "parsing" stuff (.ll and .yy in
lib/parsers/qmake)...

I'm really totally confused as to which way I should take (should I
implement KDevProjectImporter+~Editor+~Builder, or should I try to do
the same as the current qmake manager does)?

I'd really appreciate it if somebody (maybe as PM if it's lengthy) could
shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance.

You will be held hostage by a radical group.