Using 'uncrustify' as replacement for astyle in KDevelop4

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sat Jul 22 18:43:27 UTC 2006

I don't much like astyle as it is buggy and the development has stalled.

I've approached jpetso about the feasability of using kdevelop-pg and to
generate a source code beautifier.  Well, chouimat brought to my attention
uncrustify:

http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/

From what I can see so far, I like it.  It is already more feature rich than
AStyle and has an active developer from what I can see of the svn logs.  He
is also using a test harness which is very important for this kind of
program.

I found a bug already, but I think it is probably easy to fix:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1527030&group_id=153164&atid=786647

From what I can tell, it doesn't mess up the comments and the pointer
operators like AStyle.  I'd very much like some default config(s) included
with the program -- like Qt Style -- and others, but I think it shows
promise.

Thoughts,

Adam