RFC: Improving Qt4 designer support in kdevelop3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 20 21:50:16 UTC 2006

On 20.07.06 11:41:34, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On 7/20/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > The code that executes designer is in src/partcontroller.cpp and I
> > haven't yet found a way to access the project configuration from
> > there... So all I can see that would be possible atm is a possibility to
> > choose the designer binary inside the kdevelop settings dialog...
> >
> > Any pointers as to how I could get the information from the current
> > project would be appreciated (pointers to the classes to be used are
> > fine).
> >

> Something along these lines (untested):
>
> QDomDocument * dom = API::getInstance()->projectDom();
> if ( dom != 0 )
> {
>   QString property = DomUtil::readEntry( *dom, "/path/to/property" );
> }

Thanks for that, now I know this is not really the right place to ask,
but as there's a modeline in the cpp configuration widget for kate:

How do I tell kate to not always change to 2 space indent when I write a
brace or semicolon in a line? It always makes 2 spaces out of the 4 I
put into the line for indentation.

Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.