KDevelop4 project file

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 12:30:23 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 04:10, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  As I read in the commits, the project files are now in INI format. Is
> the structure of them described somewhere? I cannot find any discussion
> relating to this change, so it kind'a caught me at surprise and now I
> really wonder what is the good way to put my stuff in the project file.
> Until now it was easy, I put everything under the "project" node, and
> extending the "items" nodes with our own attributes was easy. How
> should I go on now? Of course, I could use my own XML file and insert a
> line in the kdev4 project file pointing to this XML file, but that is
> far from being ideal.
>
> Andras

No. There is no defined structure other than what you see in the
kdevelop4.kdev4 file. Please use that as an example. Discussion for this
change, and many others that will be taking place soon. happened on IRC. It
would help if you could be there more often.

The only thing that should go in the main project file is stuff that is
sharable between developers. All other local settings (continuing to use
kdevelop4 as an example) will go in a dot-directory (so that it's hidden by
default, at least on linux) with the same name as the project file.
--
Matt