QT4 support in upcoming KDevelop 3.4

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:11:56 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 24.06.06 14:09:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I'd like to know what the plans for better Qt4 support are for KDEvelop
> > 3.4? I know there won't be qmake-support and compiling Qt4 apps that use
> > autotools works pretty well, however there are a few things left that
> > I'd like to know more about:
> >
> > 1. Codecompletion, I had a quick try, creating a pcs-database for qt4
> > include dir but Codecompletion didn't show up.
>
> Seems like that is "fixed" in the latest svn, i.e. the Qt4-import wizard
> works.
>
> But what about the other options? Especially invoking designer?

It's a bit cumbersome, but if you right click a .ui file in the File
Tree there's a menu option to "Open With -> Qt Designer 4" (I haven't
found a way to make the designer from 4.x the default though).

You may have to adjust your project options for this to work, can't
quite remember. If the option doesn't show, go to Project Options ->
C++ Specific and the Qt tab. Check "use Qt for this project", "Qt 4.x"
and add the Qt4.x root path.

--
Tarjei