Project config and KMessageBox' dontAskAgainName

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:54:17 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Hamish Rodda <rodda at kde.org> wrote:
> If you're going to add this feature I think you should just run the make
> command whenever it's indicated, regardless of detecting changes or not.  It
> would be difficult enough to emulate in in the build plugin, let alone the
> debugger.  For most smaller projects a redundant make command is pretty quick
> to execute.

Hang on. Are you really suggesting to run 'make' every time the
debugger is started to make sure the  binary is up-to-date??

This would add seconds to the debugger startup time even for a "hello
world" program. Starting the debugger on a project the size of
KDevelop's codebase would be something you would do your utmost to
avoid - we could be talking minutes.

I haven't looked at how it's implemented, but doesn't the build
manager already attempt to keep track of the codebase state, and only
rebuild if "needed"?

// jens