Project config and KMessageBox' dontAskAgainName

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Jan 19 16:18:05 UTC 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 18:10, Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> The "don't ask again" feature is normally per application. Changing
> this to "non-standard" behaviour is likely to cause confusion and be
> experienced by the user as a bug. ("What? I told you I don't want to
> see this!")

Ok, then I won't pursure this direction.

> I guess the better solution is to implement a "reset don't ask again"
> option. I don't know how the setting is stored and if it's reasonable
> to reset all such dialogs with one option/button or not. If it's
> handled as a group of its own in kdeveloprc a simple solution would be
> to simply remove that settings group. Ugly, but not terminally so. And
> easy enough to work.

I think it will be one group in kdeveloprc, so yes removing them all is
possible. But I don't see a good position in UI. If I add just "reset don't
ask again" for debugger, then the "Configure KDevelop" dialog will have a tab
for debugger with just one option -- a bit ugly. And I also don't see any tab
where "remove them all" command fits. Any suggestions?

- Volodya