in module source reorganization

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 17:07:15 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 15:44, Jens Dagerbo wrote:

> > > All good. :)
> >
> > Would anyone object if I removed this menu option and the View -> Raise
> > Editor one too. I'd also like to move the 'Full Screen Mode' menu option
> > to be under the Settings menu like it is for Kate and Konqueror.
>
> I think there is a "usability guideline" that says that all actions should
> have menu entries for "discoverability". Personally, I never liked to have
> Raise Editor in the menu, however. So by all means, remove it. Please keep
> the action & shortcut though. It's frustrating that it's needed, but it is
> (again, mostly a function of KMDI and the constantly shifting focus).
Is it needed then? It didn't seem to do anything for me - is it not always
possible to just click on an edit window, so you can type in it? I often find
I've just type into the edit window when I thought the konsole had focus -
that is really annoying. It happens in kate too, so it doesn't just seem to
be kdevelop's version of kmdi.

Can I assume nobody wants to keep the 'Switch to..' menu option and I can
remove that without controversy?

> About fullscreen.. I think consistency is good, but I don't think
> fullscreen is a setting, it IS a view mode. I would prefer to keep it in
> View, but have no strong preference, really.
Well, I agree it doesn't seem to be a settting to me either. But I really
think it should be in the same place in every KDE app.

-- Richard