in module source reorganization

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Feb 19 16:38:02 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 February 2006 15:11, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 22:27, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> > > It removes some of the daft kmdi menu options in the View menu. And we
> > > could get rid of the equally daft menu option 'type filename to open
> > > file' for very little work I assume.
> >
> > All good. :)
>
> Would anyone object if I removed this menu option and the View -> Raise
> Editor one too. I'd also like to move the 'Full Screen Mode' menu option to
> be under the Settings menu like it is for Kate and Konqueror.

I think there is a "usability guideline" that says that all actions should
have menu entries for "discoverability". Personally, I never liked to have
Raise Editor in the menu, however. So by all means, remove it. Please keep
the action & shortcut though. It's frustrating that it's needed, but it is
(again, mostly a function of KMDI and the constantly shifting focus).

About fullscreen.. I think consistency is good, but I don't think fullscreen
is a setting, it IS a view mode. I would prefer to keep it in View, but have
no strong preference, really.

// jens