language support in 3.4 vs 4

Oliver Kellogg okellogg at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 31 02:28:35 UTC 2006

On Saturday, 30. December 2006 03:25, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > What happened to the CodeModel?
>
> Hmm, there should still be one for C++, however I think the duchain is
> playing a large role for C++ too. As for the other languages, there's
> merely more than a AST-generating parser and a basic code-model (which
> might be ripped apart again)

Okay, what will the basic abstractions be?
You mention duchain. Is that programming language independent?
Will there be a CodeModel that supports basic, programming language
independent abstractions such as:
- namespace (Pascal unit, Ada/Java package, CORBA IDL module)
- class
- method
- enum (please  allow for stronger typing than the past CodeModel did)
- typedef (Ada has powerful distinction, subtypes/derived types)
- The above describe static structure. Will the CodeModel encompass
  execution (program flow)?

Hmm.. high time I start looking at the code in trunk...

Thanks,

Oliver