Hardcoded Colors in KDevelop

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 21 16:36:47 UTC 2006

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.12.06 19:16:36, Matt Rogers wrote:
>> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 19:02, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> In the meantime I'll see that the configuration widget for C++ is
>>> changed, it seems the colors are mainly used for highlighting purposes
>>> there, i.e. using red for errors.
>>>
>> And we should still keep using red there IMHO.
>
> What happens if somebody uses a red background for line-edits? Yes I
> know thats not really likely and it would look butt-ugly.
>
> However there's no real "error" color role in Qt3, so I guess I'll stick
> with you here and just stay with red... I tried using linkVisited as
> Matthew did for the app output, but somehow that doesn't catch the eye
> if linkVisited is set to purple ;)

This, incidentally, is exactly why the HIG folks were/are wanting an 'is
this color legible against this one?' function in KDE4. ;-)

> Leaves the ruby debugger for now, but looking at the code all it does is
> highlight a color variable in the color the variable contains... So
> there's nothing to improve there either.

Sounds like we just eliminated all the remaining expected problem spots?
I can't think of any others offhand; I'm happy to help out if this sort
of thing comes up again, though. Well... maybe I'll see what Nick is
griping about. :-)

--
Matthew
We interrupt this e-mail to bring you a lame signature attempting to be