Problem building 3.3.94

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Dec 20 21:43:57 UTC 2006

On 20.12.06 23:11:59, Andras Mantia wrote:

> > > I guess the remaining question is why --enable-final made it
> > > barf... see my other email with the attachments.
> >
> > Because --enable-final was ever and will ever be in a "experimental"
> > state, because nobody really works on it.
>
> Khm, enable-final used to work for the whole KDE for a long time (on
> linux)... It helps a lot if you have enough memory and can even show
> things that can be considered as bugs as global variables using the
> same name.
>
> Unfortunately it IS broken when using unsermake, so I don't use it
> anymore, but it was quite handy in the past.

Hmm, all I heard of it until now was that it breaks completely fine
code.

And the case of the OP indicates this as well, just to clarify the line
(187 in cppnewclassdlg.h) the compiler chokes about and its surrounding
look like this:

,----
|184 	QPopupMenu *accessMenu;
|185 	QPopupMenu *overMenu;
|186 	CppSupportPart *m_part;
|187 	CodeModel *myModel;
|188
|189 	// configuration variables
|190	QString interface_url;
`----

And the file has a proper

#include "codemodel.h"

at the top. The -I switches of the OP look a bit lacking, i.e.
../../lib/cppparser is missing where codemodel.h resides. And the
Makefile.am does add the include to INCLUDES.

I really see no error in the code or the build-system files, from that I
conclude (for myself, until someone proofs otherwise) that
--enable-final breaks compilation.

Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson