Problem building 3.3.94

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Dec 20 21:11:59 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 23:03, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 20.12.06 09:42:19, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> > >turn off --enable-final and see if that helps.
> >
> > I guess the remaining question is why --enable-final made it
> > barf... see my other email with the attachments.
>
> Because --enable-final was ever and will ever be in a "experimental"
> state, because nobody really works on it.

Khm, enable-final used to work for the whole KDE for a long time (on
linux)... It helps a lot if you have enough memory and can even show
things that can be considered as bugs as global variables using the
same name.

Unfortunately it IS broken when using unsermake, so I don't use it
anymore, but it was quite handy in the past.

Andras

PS: I'm not saying to fix KDevelop for 3.4 as there are other places
that need manpower, altough that would be the best thing to do.