Settings that should not be in the project file

Erik sigra at home.se
Tue Dec 5 12:57:47 UTC 2006

I use KDevelop on a project and one day I committed the project file so
that other developers can also start using KDevelop. A workmate
complained that he also uses KDevelop for the project, that he uses the
same filename as I had committed, and that my settings do not work for
him. The problem is that the project file does not only store
information that is specific to the project itself, but also a few
settings that are specific to the developer's system or personal
preferences:

<numberofjobs>1</numberofjobs> This depends on the number of CPU's on
the system, so it does not belong in the project file.

    <splitheadersource>
      <enabled>true</enabled>
      <synchronize>true</synchronize>
      <orientation>Vertical</orientation>
    </splitheadersource>
This depends on the display's width and does not belong in the project file.

<automaticCodeCompletion>true</automaticCodeCompletion> This depends on
the programmers personal preference and does not belong in the project file.