Hang when loading a project

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Dec 1 19:13:47 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 21:01, Andras Mantia wrote:
> I remember that there are still some other places using QProcess in
> KDevelop, those might create similar problems as well (either with my
> BlockingKProcess or with the Konsole plugin).

This was an interesting search. QProcess is used in the following
places:

1) languages/cpp/main.cpp:105
2) languages/cpp/createpcsdialog.cpp:101
3) parts/documentation/find_documentation.cpp:50
4) buildtools/qmake/trollprojectwidget.cpp:1192 & 1533
5) kdevdesigner/designer/mainwindow.cpp:877

About 5) we can forget as it is just compiled under Windows (why don't
we have such crap removed from our version?).

3) and 4) might cause similar issues like the current hangs, I think you
should look at 4).

1) and 2) are the most interesting ones: they are a copy of the same
code I just fixed in kdevdriver.cpp. :-O Why are they there, is they
used at all? Anyway, it is just insane to have 90 lines copy/pasted
code in 3 places...

Andras