Issue with KDevelop: Is it using different parsers in parallell for different puropuses?

mwoehlke mwoehlke at tibco.com
Fri Aug 25 15:39:24 UTC 2006

Kuba Ober wrote:
>> As an example (using Windoze; sorry :-)), I might want TRUE, FALSE and
>> NULL to be keywords (I think these are #define's), but other macros to
>> be 'normal text'. I might want __int64, etc, to show up as regular data
>> types, DWORD, PVOID, etc to be a different color, and size_t to be yet a
>> third color. I think all of *these* are typedefs.
>
> This is pretty trivial to do right now using kate's highlighter. I was tempted
> to post an example, but I figure it would do you good to actually try it for
> yourself.
>
> Excuse me if I sound harsh, but I have a feeling that you are rambling without
> actually trying out the stuff you're rambling about :(

I *know* it's easy to do in KATE; I already do it. If you read the rest
of the thread, you will realize that I'm talking about *KDevelop* being
able to do this via a mechanism that has *nothing to do* with KATE's
highlighting (in the sense that it is achieved through a totally
different mechanism than KATE's state machine).

--
Matthew
'$ time make world' -> real 5d:14h:37m:5.291s  user 0m:0.000s  sys