QStrings are not displayed in debugger (KDevelop 3.4)

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Tue Aug 22 13:42:10 UTC 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 23:43, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Monday 21 August 2006 11:05, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it was discussed.  Basically the problem is displaying
> > QStrings which exist in a parent class of an object.
> >
> > eg., with KUrl (from kde4), which inherits from QUrl:
> >
> > - the strings are stored in QUrl.d, ie. QUrl's d pointer
> > - the custom command to display a string asks for eg. myurl.QUrl.d.host
> > - gdb doesn't like QUrl being there
> >
> > Does that clear it up?
>
> Yep, thanks. I'll try to reproduce.

Another problem that's been bugging me recently is that I can't get backtraces
of the non-active threads in kdevelop now.  Usually the error is that more
than the available number of frames was requested... internally, the code
seems to switch thread, then call the backtrace using the number of frames
available in the current thread rather than retrieving the number itself.

After that, perhaps you would be interested in developing against kdevelop4 :)

Cheers,
Hamish.