KDevelop4 API questions

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Aug 17 06:36:38 UTC 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 04:14, Adam Treat wrote:

> Please don't.  I know I need to document them, but they do have a
> purpose...
>
> projectDirectory == the dir where the current project file is
> located.
>
> projectsDirectory == the dir where the user holds all of his project
> folders ... perhaps this can be renamed to better illustrate what it
> is.

Yes, this is what I imagined. To avoid confusion this is why I suggest
renaming the methods:
- projectDirectory => projectFileDirectory or globalFileDirectory, as in
the API the project file is called global file
- projectsDirectory => projectDirectory. I'm not a native speaker and I
could imagine the name comes from "project's directory", but I find it
strange.

The question about having a projectDirectory in KDevProject remains. If
that is the same as projectsDirectory here, why do we need it in two
places?

> Both of them are useful though, please don't remove.
>
> > > KDevProjectController::openProject: the open dialog has hardcoded
> > > information about KDevelop4 project files. This one should be
> > > configurable in some way. Ideas are welcome.
>
> All it has is the extension.  We can easily make an API for setting
> this extension.

I like this better than subclassing. ;-)

Andras