Issue with KDevelop: Is it using different parsers in parallell for different puropuses?

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Aug 15 17:58:53 UTC 2006

On Tuesday, 15. August 2006 17:52, Erik Sigra wrote:
> I do not demand that KDevelop correctly highlights code that does not
> parse. I do not even understand what you expect. How would you correctly
> highlight someting that is incorrect?

class MyClass
{
  int main()
  {
     return ((int) bla == |
  }
};

where "|" is the cursor and you haven't finished the line yet. Nevertheless,
Katepart highlights everything correctly, including the "return" and "int"
tokens which are part of a statement that can't be parsed correctly.

That's not quite as easy with real language parsers, but no problem for the
XML-based ones.

Now think about this!,
  Jakob