What is going on in language part land

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Sun Aug 6 09:26:12 UTC 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 14:57, Adam Treat wrote:

> > > I think Hamish and Roberto might answer this one better.
> >
> > Well, the DUChain has the scope information, and I think that's the
> > better place to store it.  However, the AST could be extended to store
> > pointers to DUContexts and Definitions if needed.
>
> What do you think of the current idea to create a codemodel that has the
> AST as the underlying store?  I'm not sure how it'll work without a binder,
> but that is what Jakob is working on.

Do you mean that every time you want codemodel info, parts of the AST must be
reparsed?

> > For type information, it would be nice to store a pointer to the type
> > object in the AST whenever a type is referenced / declared.  This would
> > be filled in by a type binding visitor after the AST was created.
>
> I'm currently making progress with serializing the AST's produced from
> kdevelop-pg.  If we indeed add DUContext and type information to the AST
> I'll probably want to persist this too.  Will have to persist after this
> other visitor pass has finished I guess.
>
> Also, what are the chances we can integrate your DUChain stuff into
> kdevelop-pg so the other languages can have benefit?

The api side of it, sure, but that doesn't buy us anything more than moving it
into kdevelop/lib like I was planning.  The builder may be generatable, I'm
not sure yet.  However it uses Qt, and I'm not interested in moving it to
STL, so there's that to work out.

Cheers,
Hamish.