What is going on in language part land

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Sun Aug 6 04:57:51 UTC 2006

On Sunday 06 August 2006 12:17 am, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > > I guess it would be possible to modify kdevelop-pg for including scope
> > > and type information, but I would like a more detailed definition of
> > > what that information essentially is.
> >
> > I think Hamish and Roberto might answer this one better.
>
> Well, the DUChain has the scope information, and I think that's the better
> place to store it.  However, the AST could be extended to store pointers to
> DUContexts and Definitions if needed.

What do you think of the current idea to create a codemodel that has the AST
as the underlying store?  I'm not sure how it'll work without a binder, but
that is what Jakob is working on.

> For type information, it would be nice to store a pointer to the type
> object in the AST whenever a type is referenced / declared.  This would be
> filled in by a type binding visitor after the AST was created.

I'm currently making progress with serializing the AST's produced from
kdevelop-pg.  If we indeed add DUContext and type information to the AST I'll
probably want to persist this too.  Will have to persist after this other
visitor pass has finished I guess.

Also, what are the chances we can integrate your DUChain stuff into
kdevelop-pg so the other languages can have benefit?

Adam