KDE/kdevelop

mwoehlke mwoehlke at tibco.com
Fri Aug 4 19:22:30 UTC 2006

Adam Treat wrote:
> SVN commit 569772 by treat:
>
> Optimize project loading, document loading, and background parser.
>
> [snip]
>
> With no open documents at startup, I can still parse every file, all 1268, at startup in
> under 1 minute.
>
> That's pretty fast.

Hmm, an improvement, I guess? Still, I'd be much happier if it was under
15 *seconds*. My main project is almost 2000 files (although because I
can't get 'add file to project' to work, they aren't all be in the
project), so I have to deal with a similar - if not worse - delay. :-(
Anyone have numbers on how long the same task on the same computer would
takes without these changes?

I gave Matt Rogers a callgrind dump from opening my project; did
anything ever come of that?

--
Matthew
Only Joe suffers from schizophrenia. The rest of us enjoy it.