Code Snippets in KDevelop4

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Thu Aug 3 07:14:42 UTC 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 01:21, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > The idea behind the repositories is to have the ability to use snippets
> > stored in different locations. The default will be a repository in the
> > .kde directory of the user's home. Let's assume one uses KDevelop at
> > work. The company might keep a snippet repository for all workers on one
> > of their servers. To use it, the user can creates a samba-mount and add
> > the directory to his list of repositories.
> After hearing about the intended uses, I think it's a great idea now. I
> just wasn't understanding its full potential. :)
As Robert stated, a plugin for koders.com would be a great idea. This plugin
should interface with the snippets sidebar and provide the user with the
ability to request (or should search in the background, depending on the
context, which could be code surrounding the cursor) code snippets. Having
tested the search on their website, it seems that we would have to add some
intelligence to the search functionality, as e.g. a search for "runge kutta"
(restricted to c++) brings up about 10 header files (which are not of much
value as a code snippet) before the first cpp file shows up in the list.

Regards,
	Flo
--
Florian Hackenberger