Google Summer of Code 2006 Project proposals

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Apr 19 00:58:16 UTC 2006

I've just looked at kscope and it is only for C not for C++.

I think the current navigation/autocompletion/refactoring can be made more
reliable without being completely replaced..

I'd propose this project:
- Make autocompletion work correctly with templates(especially
smart-pointers).
- Make calltips more useful by making them more reliable, and also parsing and
showing doxygen-style documentation together with the
calltips/autocompletion-list
- Add a "show all callers" feature for functions, and a "show all users"
feature for classes
- Move the calculation-part of code-completion into another thread so it
doesn't make the cursor unresponsive while working on a big project

All this may be a bit much for a single project.. but I'd like to participate
myself trying to achieve it. :)

David