gdb output window performance

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Apr 12 17:07:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 17:54, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> The call to 'scrollToBottom' was commented just now, and has no
> apparanent effect on performance. The 'm_gdbView' is QTextEdit.
> Before I go and write my own GdbLogginWidgetImplementedAsQScrollArea,
> maybe somebody knows any possible reason why QTextEdit is that slow?
Well, I'm sure QTextEdit was not designed for this purpose ("QTextEdit
is an advanced WYSIWYG viewer/editor supporting rich text formatting
using HTML-style tags..."), unless you use in LogText mode. If you are
already using that mode, I see no other solution, but make a faster
logging widget.

Andras