Location of App-Templates in KDevelop4

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Wed Sep 14 22:04:06 UTC 2005

On Wednesday September 14 2005 3:30 pm, Sascha Cunz wrote:
> Having them all together at a global repository might have more benefits:
>
>  - working on the templates becomes easier
>  - keeping track of the templates becomes easier
>
> What about the posibility to only ship a few very basic templates with
> kdevelop itself. We could then utilize KNewHotStuff to install new
> templates or update outdated ones.

I very much like this idea.  It would cut down on the amount of users we get
asking why their application won't compile when they didn't make any change
to the template...

I really don't see a downside since no harm will come by installing templates
even if the associated language part isn't installed.  We simply don't show
those templates in the appwizard unless the associated language part is
available.

Adam

> Cheers Sascha

I'm running a Marathon in December!