GDB/MI (Was: Embedded development)

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Tue Sep 13 10:37:03 UTC 2005

Hi!

In KDevelop4 I would like to split the GUI from the GDB-support. The idea is
to reuse the GUI to integrate different debuggers. As I said before I want to
avoid code duplication and cut&paste int KDevelop4.

About the GDB-support. I know GDB/MI is incomplete and we need to mix
GDB/shell commands and GDB/MI commands, but to me it sounds like the _right_
(tm) tecnology to use. What do you think about GDB/MI and integrate it in
KDevelop?

A couple of years ago I wrote a simple GDB/MI analyzer and Alexander
implemented a simple debugger with it. Unfortunatly he deleted the
Debugger :-) maybe we can use this experience to re*design/develop* it
Alexander?, Vladimir? John? :-)

ciao robe