patch - open new tab when file created

Etay Meiri etay.meiri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:25:06 UTC 2005

> does this mean when I add a new file to a project I can not directly edit
> it?

EtayM: not directly, because a new tab is not opened. You need to go to the
file
selector and double click it.

If this is true I am against it because closing a just opened file is less
> expensive than opening a just created one. With expensive I mean
> interaction
> with the userinterface. Closing is straight foreward but opening needs a
> search in either the project manager or a filetree.

EtayM: I'm not sure I understand your logic. Usually, when you create a new
file
you are going to edit it so you want it opened anyway. Why not open a new
tab
for it automatically?

Etay Meiri
etay.meiri at gmail.com