patch - open new tab when file created

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Fri Sep 9 16:16:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

> I'd like to try again to suggest this tiny patch (attached).
> Sent it a few weeks ago but there was no response.
> It changes the behavior a bit where creating a new
> file will always open a new document tab with it. The
> current behavior is to open a tab only if you didn't add
> it to the project.

does this mean when I add a new file to a project I can not directly edit it?

If this is true I am against it because closing a just opened file is less
expensive than opening a just created one. With expensive I mean interaction
with the userinterface. Closing is straight foreward but opening needs a
search in either the project manager or a filetree.

Jens