SVN support in kdevelop 3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 17:41:02 UTC 2005

On 28.10.05 16:45:00, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 28.10.05 16:01:42, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> > if the ioslave crashes, the thing I need is a backtrace of it which can
> > be obtained by reading kdebase/kioslave/DEBUG.howto :)
> > make sure to also enable the kio_svn debug area (kdebugdialog).
>
> Ok, I'll try that, I hope that doesn't involve building kdebase myself,
> because that is not quite comfortable...

Ok, kdebugdialog doesn't seem to know kio_svn, thus I needed to activate
all kio* and from the source of 3.4.2 it looks like kio_svn uses
kdDebug() without a number... And I don't see any messages from the
kdebase kio_slave... I'll fetch the source for my kdebase later today.

kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = kio_svn pid = 13103 signal = 11

is all I can find

Debugging is not exactly easy because after some seconds the slave
crashes even when it's suspended...

Lets see... no, gdb doesn't start fast enough to be able to get a
meaningfull backtrace, the slave dies before... The output of "bt"
doesn't tell anything of value...

It is so very hard to be an
on-your-own-take-care-of-yourself-because-there-is-no-one-else-to-do-it-for-you
grown-up.