branches/kdevelop/3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 16:02:04 UTC 2005

On 28.10.05 08:40:48, Adam Treat wrote:
> Are you sure that synchronization is turned on?  Project Options ->C++
> Specific->Split View->Auto Synchronization

It's definitely on.

> Also, the parser is having problems with methods decorated 'const' I've
> noticed.

That's true, it seems synchronization doesn't work with those...

> Are you able to get synchronization to work at all?  For any files?

Hmm, I checked again and now it's getting interesting. I imported
kdevelop into a kdevelop project to find the errors with subversion
support. When I choose plugincontroller.h from the file selektor or
class view and then open the corresponding .cpp either by selecting it
in file-selector/class-browser or via the "switch header/impl" action
synchronization works. However doing the same with kdevcore.(cpp|h)
results in the following:

opening the header and then the implementation via file-selector or
class-browser I get synchronization

opening the header and then the implementation via "switch
header/implementation" synchronization does not work, not only on const,
but also on constructors and other methods.

And it seems the synchronization seems to remember this, now after I
once opened the implementation via file-selector and synchronization
worked in kdevcore I can do the same with "switch header/impl" and
synchronization still works...

I hope that is not too confusing, hmm I try a short summary with
kdevcore:

open header kdevcore.h
switch header/impl -> no synchronization
close implementation
open implementation via file-selector or class-browser -> synch works
close implementation
switch header/impl -> synch works

I guess on plugincontroller it worked always because I first opened the
implementation via file-selector. Yes, verified this with another file,
the above summary is correct.

You will gain money by a fattening action.