errors in making kdevelop branch 3.3 with KDE 3.3.2 / Qt 3.3.4

Nicolas Castagné Nicolas.Castagne at imag.fr
Fri Oct 14 13:48:12 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I enconter problems in the make process while building up both :
- the version 3.3 beta1 and
- the lattest development snapshot obtained with Svn.

I use KDE version 3.3.2 and Qt version 3.3.4, which should be sufficient
according to the kdevelop website and  the kdevelop forum experts
(amilcar, teatime).
As they requested, I post my propblem on this mail list.

Here are the 3 errors (there may be more, since I did not have the deeper
look possible on the stdout of make) :

**************
error 1
**************
debuggertracingdialog.cpp: In constructor `GDBDebugger::
DebuggerTracingDialog:: DebuggerTracingDialog(GDBDebugger::Breakpoint*,
    QWidget*, const char*)':
debuggertracingdialog.cpp:20: no matching function for call to
`KEditListBox::
    setButtons(int)'
debuggertracingdialog.cpp:29: no matching function for call to
`KEditListBox::
    setItems(const QStringList& )'

**************
error 2
**************
javasupportpart.cpp: In member function `void
JavaSupportPart::setupCatalog()':
javasupportpart.cpp:741: no method `KStdGuiItem::remove'

**************
error 3
**************
cvspartimpl.cpp: In member function `void
    CvsServicePartImpl::addFilesToProject(const QStringList& )':
cvspartimpl.cpp:844: no method `KStdGuiItem::add'

**************
Apparently, these error are related to the KDE libraries.
KDE 3.3.2 is said to be sufficient for kdevelop 3.3. Perhaps it is not ?

Wish you may have any advice about somehing I made badly,
or wish this mail can help incorrecting an error (in the 'requirements'
list for kdevelop 33, or in the sources themselves in case improper
function are used).

Thanks in advance for your answer, all the best,

Dr Nicolas Castagne
http://acroe.imag.fr

Dr Nicolas CASTAGNE

ACROE-ICA,