KDevelop / Bachelor thesis

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Thu Oct 6 18:48:02 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 12:23, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> no problem! but I hope you'll continue to work on Java support after your
> thesis :-) you know we don't want to have unmaintained code in the KDevelop
> repository.

I hope so too! but I can't promise.
anyways, it seems it can only get better, doesn't it ;-)

> > Roberto:
> > Is there some documentation on the kdevelop-pg grammar format?
>
> no :-) but kdevelop-pg is distributed with two examples :-) anyway, the
> format is very simple. I will try to write a short a description in the
> next days.

right, it's quite intuitive to read. for writing them, some reference would be
great, but I'll try to figure it out by myself until that's available.

> > Should I target Java 1.4 or 1.5?
>
> 1.5 :-)

alright, I thought so...

> > Should I derive from the KDevelop Java grammar or take another one?
>
> you may want to use this one

https://javacc.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=3131&showInfo=true

ok, got it

> my hint is
>   Ask question to kdevelop-devel :-) we will try to answer as best as
> possible and we can use your experience for documenting the programming
> language framework

I thought maybe I could write some documentation myself (afterwards or in
between). I need to document what I'm doing anyways, so some additional
authoring sure won't kill me.