KNewStuff (was Re: maintainers)

Sascha Cunz sascha.cunz at tiscali.de
Mon Oct 3 17:25:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > KNewStuff...) -> do we keep all these KDevelop entries in the K menu?
>
> NO!!! that's the first thing we're going to kill :-)

the below is an extract from a diff of my uncommited stuff to svn:

+    /**
+     * @todo   When implementing KNewStuff, allowing a template to contain
+     *         commands that are executed on the computer might be a
+     *         security impact!
+     */

As a background: .kdevtemplate files can contain sections whose data is
directly used to create a new process on the local machine.

I've not yet looked into all our current templates to see, if this is really
used somewhere. But i think, that Ian had a cause for putting it into
appwizard. Ian?

Cheers Sascha