maintainers (was Re: Me wants me RIDE ;)

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Oct 3 17:07:05 UTC 2005

Hi Anne!

On Monday 03 October 2005 16:50, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> >From the current state of KDevelop and to not repeat the same errors I
> > would
>
> say:
> - someone on templates + KNewStuff support (test templates, document them,
> remove obsolete, decide wich ones are in and which ones could be get via
I think kdevelop-devel is the best place to decide it. But I agree with you we
need someone responsible for that

> KNewStuff...) -> do we keep all these KDevelop entries in the K menu?
NO!!! that's the first thing we're going to kill :-)

> - someone on editor parts (Ysis? ...)
the editor integration is part of the framework. So I would like to take it.
For KDevelop 4 we are going to target _only_ editors with full KTextEditor
support. The programming language framework needs the new
KTextEditor::SmartCursor + SmartRange stuff (it's very cool stuff, thanks
hamish :-) that means bye bye QEditor and nedit. We'll see if yzis will
implement the full KTextEditor specs and then we'll decide if we're going to
support it, mikmak?

> - someone on doc within KDevelop with maybe the possibility to integrate
> Wikipedia support?
> - someone (several!!!!) on KDevelop own doc (handbook)
> - someone on overall bug fixes (bug triage, reproducing, assignment...)
I'm all for it. This is a *huge* task! I think amilar did a great job with the
doxy stuff, but this is probably too big for one or two developers.
we need more, any volunteer? :-)

ciao robe