partly broke source formatting?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Nov 30 02:05:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

now this finally bugged me enought to ask for help.

The "source formatter" for cpp files is not behaving as expected, for
example it produces this:

class DataPtrList : public QObject
{
public:
  DataPtrList( QObject* parentForElements );
  bool DataPtrList<T>::isValid() const;
  void remove
    ( T* t );

See that the parentheses for remove are on the next line? I have not
identified any cause for this, as other parentheses are not put into the
next line (see the constructor above for example). This not only happens
on class declarations, but also for function calls like

mylist->remove(myobj);

I'm not sure this is all my changes but that's all I could find, from
config/kdeveloprc:

,----[ kdeveloprc ]-
| [AStyle]
| IndentSwitches=true
| KeepBlocks=true
| KeepStatements=true
| PadOperators=true
| PadParentheses=true
`----

If there are options elsewhere please tell me so I can post those too.
Oh, btw: I use the custom style.

Anybody got similar problems with the source formatter?

There was a phone call for you.