my first kdevelop plugin

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Tue May 17 06:30:09 UTC 2005

> Yes, I do like the feature :) But I have some suggestions ;)
> ProjectViews would be helpful even in non-project mode. The functionality
> is not much dependant on project. So I'd wish to see it a global plugin
> with separate project views for global mode.

This is a good idea, but we have to think about the technical details. Now the
information is stored in the session file of the project. We do not have this
without a project. We could save them in the global config file, is this a
good place? This would also mean that we drop the non project views when we
load a project and load them again when we close the project.
But then we need a better name. It must be unrelated to projects. Suggestions?

> Also the functionality it provides can be IMHO merged with file list
> plugin. The toolbar could go then to a file list view. This way we could
> group similar tasks like maintaining the list of opened files (filelist)
> and saving/restoring this list (projectviews). What do you think?

So you mean drop the menu entries and put everything in the file list view?
But I really love the toolbar in the menu to switch. With your suggestion we
have to open the file list view change the view and close the file list view
again.
So I agree to move the view stuff into the file list view. I also agree to
move the actions form the Project menu to the file list view but I do not
like to drop the toolbar.

> PS: looks like you've used kdevelop plugin template. Is it ok? Does it need
> smth to be added?

No problem so far. Actually an easy start.

Jens