my first kdevelop plugin

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Sun May 15 23:03:03 UTC 2005

Hi!
On Friday 13 May 2005 07:41, Jens Herden wrote:
> I made my first step in a new environment. The result can be downloaded
> here:
> http://jhe.onlinehome.de/data/projectview.kdevelop-0.1.tar.gz
Great to see your and Andras' interest in KDevelop platform :)

> This plugin creates Project Views. A Project View is a set of open files.
> You can save the set under a name and switch between different views with
> two clicks.
> The views are saved in the session file.
> You get a new toolbar and actions in the Project menu.
I always wanted to see smth like that!

> I would be happy if people can look into it and tell me what they think.
> How is coding style?
Doesn't matter that much ;) See my other responds.
I'd use 4 spaces though :)

> Do you like the feature?
> What is wrong? What could be improved?...
Yes, I do like the feature :) But I have some suggestions ;)
ProjectViews would be helpful even in non-project mode. The functionality is
not much dependant on project. So I'd wish to see it a global plugin
with separate project views for global mode.
Also the functionality it provides can be IMHO merged with file list
plugin. The toolbar could go then to a file list view. This way we could
group similar tasks like maintaining the list of opened files (filelist) and
saving/restoring this list (projectviews). What do you think?

PS: looks like you've used kdevelop plugin template. Is it ok? Does it need
smth to be added?

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine