Color completion patch

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 00:51:05 UTC 2005

On Monday 14 March 2005 5:26 pm, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Monday 14 March 2005 23:18, Adam Treat wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've written a very basic patch for katecodecompletion.cpp that allows me
> > to insert richtext into a KTextEditor::CompletionEntry and for Kate to
> > display it as richtext inside the completion box.  The behavior of the
> > part otherwise does not change and it requires absolutely no changes to
> > the KTE interface.
>
> just for notes, like said in irc, as this will break compatibility with all
> other apps using this interface, as <> aren'T longer usable, don't think
> this is way to go

I've modified the patch to check for <qt></qt> (which is called for by Qt's
richtext anway...) around entry.text, entry.prefix and entry.postfix ... if
it does not find them then it will treat the text as regular so other apps
will not be affected.  The only way they'll break is if they are actually
completing for <qt></qt>.

What do you think?

Adam