kdevelop/languages/cpp

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Mar 10 15:23:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 04:08 am, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 20:02, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Adam Treat and I will be maintaining code completion and we decided on
> > IRC (adam and I, with agreement of alex dymo) to change the formatting to
>
> so? we have a public mailing list. Alexander is not the only one that has
> _right_ on the code.
>
> > something we both agreed on, in addition to making the formatting
>
> just a stupid question. Why tabs? I think, but maybe I'm wrong,
> KDevelop/C++ is the only project in KDE using tabs and not spaces. This is
> very annoying for me.. you know, I have "replace tabs with spaces" checked
> in Kate :)

KDevelop is not the only project in KDE that uses tabs. Noatun uses tabs,
kopete uses tabs, several other applications use tabs. well, i'm sorry that
it's very annoying, but kate has modelines so that the style stays
consistent, and i suggest that you use those so that it makes it easier for
other people to follow your coding style.

Matt