kdevelop/languages/cpp

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 19:49:06 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 15:53, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 04:56 am, Richard Dale wrote:
> > Isn't it normal to discuss with the author, before you go about
> > reformating all their code?
> The author has already stated that he has no interest in maintaining any
> more of his code for KDevelop 3.x, so I don't see the problem.
The problem is that the cvs history is now screwed, and diffs before and after
this change can no longer be compared.

You are not the sole maintainer of this code, and have no right (in my
opinion) to just go in and reformat it without and sort of discussion on the
kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org list. You might like to at least justify what you
thought was wrong with the original formatting, and why you think it's been
improved.

-- Richard