[quanta-devel] KTextEditor interface, 4.x

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Mar 8 09:53:09 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 23:33, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> hi,
> want to collect some feedback for improving the stuff for 4.x,
> already talked bit with yzis authors. Could you perhaps show up which
> stuff is missing, which should be changed, what is hacky, ... ?
>
> Some thoughts was been put to consolidate the masses of interfaces
> into one main Document/View + for each subrelease of the 4.x release
> series a extension interface DocumentExt1/ViewExt1, but beside this,
> your feedback would be nice, as said.

Well, this sounds good. I would like to have an interface to query
configuration items, like (static) word-wrap position, tab size,
indentation size and such, so I don't have to do in a Kate specific way
from the config file.
 Also we use one Kate specific signal as it's not in any KTextEditor
interface, namely the gotFocus() signal when the editor widget (the
view) gets the focus.

 This is what comes to my mind now, but as soon as I remember anything
else, I will post.

Andras