Qt4 under KDevelop 3.x-svn?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Tue Jun 7 19:18:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 10:20, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 02:00 am, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > On Monday 06 June 2005 09:59, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > > You don't have library conflicts that way?
>
> No
>
> > > I'm assuming KDevelop is
> > > still built against Qt/KDE 3.x.
>
> Yes

The script you pointed to tells me how to set up a KDE4 environment.  That is
not what I'm trying to do.

export QTDIR=$PWD/qt-copy
export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
if test -n "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"; then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib
else
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib
fi
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde4
export KDETMP=/tmp/$USER-kde4
export KDEVARTMP=/var/tmp/$USER-kde4
export KDEDIR=$PWD/KDE
unset KDEDIRS
unset XDG_DATA_DIRS
unset XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH

> > > I've been burned more than once trying
> > > to to that with other apps.  And also with KDevelop.  Mind you, I'm not
> > > talking about running all of KDE4.  I just want to work with Qt4.  I'll
> > > try it.  I already have a script that setup up my Qt4 environment.
> >
> > This is not working for me.  I have a script that completely removes
> > everything related the qt3 and kde3 from the environment.
>
> Why? you want to keep this there so that the 3.x stuff still runs.

In order to build Qt4 programs, that has to be what my QTDIR is set to.  It
also has to be where the build process finds qmake, the Qt headers and
libraries, etc.  It looks like I was wrong about the environment KDevelop
sees.  I looked at what the embeded Konsole sees.  I later realized that is
from my ~/.bashrc.

Nonetheless, I do not see an easy get KDevelop to correctly use the Qt4
components.  Perhaps it's just a question of trying a different build system
than the automake one.

--
Regards,
Steven