Qt4 under KDevelop 3.x-svn?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Jun 6 16:00:08 UTC 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 08:44, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:34 pm, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I suspect the environment might be a bit of a problem with this, but is
> > anybody using KDevelop to work with Qt4 snapshots?  There are a few
> > features I really like in Qt4, and would like to keep them in my project.
> > I can't do that if I want to work on it in KDevelop, unless, of course,
> > KDevelop can support Qt4 development while running Qt3. Can this be done?
>
> Sure, it's just an app... run a kde3 session, and use a script like in svn
> @ branches/work/kde4/setup-env to setup your kde4 variables.  i usually run
> this in a terminal and then launch kdevelop from that terminal, but
> thinking about it you can have this env setup from before you first launch
> kde3.
>
> There are some problems like the cpp parser not recognising foreach (I
> think this might have been fixed in svn? dunno, using kdevelop from 3.3),
> but they're minor.
>
> Cheers,
> Hamish.

You don't have library conflicts that way?  I'm assuming KDevelop is still
built against Qt/KDE 3.x.  I've been burned more than once trying to to that
with other apps.  And also with KDevelop.  Mind you, I'm not talking about
running all of KDE4.  I just want to work with Qt4.  I'll try it.  I already
have a script that setup up my Qt4 environment.

--
Regards,
Steven