Qt4 under KDevelop 3.x-svn?

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 14:45:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:34 pm, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> I suspect the environment might be a bit of a problem with this, but is
> anybody using KDevelop to work with Qt4 snapshots?  There are a few
> features I really like in Qt4, and would like to keep them in my project.
> I can't do that if I want to work on it in KDevelop, unless, of course,
> KDevelop can support Qt4 development while running Qt3. Can this be done?

Sure, it's just an app... run a kde3 session, and use a script like in svn @
branches/work/kde4/setup-env to setup your kde4 variables.  i usually run
this in a terminal and then launch kdevelop from that terminal, but thinking
about it you can have this env setup from before you first launch kde3.

There are some problems like the cpp parser not recognising foreach (I think
this might have been fixed in svn? dunno, using kdevelop from 3.3), but
they're minor.

Cheers,
Hamish.