My running wishlist of KDevelop

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Fri Jun 3 17:18:09 UTC 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 07:21, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Friday 03 June 2005 15:12, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> >		<title>
> >		The IDE should warn about improperly ordered member	initializations.
> >		</title>
> >		<para>
> >			As stated above, member initialization order can be
> >			significant to how a program behaves.  It is almost
> >			certainly bad style to initialize out of order, and likely
> >			it is an error.
>
> FWIW, gcc with the -Wall option warns whenever you initialize members out
> of order in member initialization list. Maybe you meant something else?
>
> - Volodya

Yes.  I meant that the IDE should give me an indication the moment I add a
member out of proper sequence to the member initialization list.  But this is
really secondary to have support to populate the list in correctorder.  I
would rather have everything correct when I start the build process than try
and dig through GCC's cryptic output to find all the warnings I care about.
My code typically compiles without warnings except when I'm using libraries
someone else created.  But if I do happen to be in a situation inwhich every
call to g++ generates a warning, I don't care to pick through the whole mess
to find out if one of them happens to be a member initialization out of sync.

--
Regards,
Steven