Assembler view

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Jun 2 07:34:05 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 21:13, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 June 2005 17:35, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > Hi,
> > the kdbg debugger has a nice feature: each source line has a "+" near it,
> > and clicking on "+" shows asm source for that C++ source line.
> > (See http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/~ghost/asm_view.png for a snapshot).
> >
> > Anybody knows if it is possible to implement the same in KDevelop?
>
> You could try to convince the kdbg developer to port it to the new KDevelop
> platform:
> http://www.kdevelop.org/HEAD/doc/platform/html/index.html

1. Does that sound like a desirable thing to main developers? I mean, throwing
   out kdevelop's current debugger support and using kdbg instead? If that's
   the universal opinion, then I should not spend time on current debugger
   support.

2. The problem is that kdevelop uses Kate for text editor, so the primary
   question is whether Kate allows to add such expandable assembler
   annotations in an easy way. Even if kdbg is converted into kdev plugin --
   I'd need to show assembler in the same windows where the text is.

- Volodya