KDevelop 3.3 release schedule

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 13:24:05 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 23:04, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Hi!
> At this point I'd like to ask developers whether we're following
> KDE 3.5 release?
>
> My personal opinion is that we should not do that. Feature freeze
> on 1st August is too close and we still do not have:
> 1) many patches from this mailing list applied
> 2) new qmake manager (work in progress)
> 3) polished simple ideal mode (splitting doesn't work correctly in all
> cases)
> 4) did i forget smth more?
>
> Currently IMHO we've almost nothing to release as KDevelop 3.3.
> I'd like to propose then that we plan 3.3 release somewhere in November
> or December so we could finish all features we want.
>
> What do you think?
I'm having trouble keeping up with KDE development, trying to port bindings to
Qt4, maintaining the 3.4.x branch while still coming up with new things for
KDevelop for 3.5. For ruby on the next release schedule, I'd like to add a
better class parser based on bison that I've started, a top level ruby shell
with Interactive Ruby (irb) in addition to the current debugger prompt, and
some new KDE ruby project templates including one that doesn't use automake
and have a top level C++ stub to start the ruby app.

If we had more time, until November, maybe we could add unit testing or other
things too.

-- Richard