MS Visual Studio project manager

JeDi jeroen.dierckx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:39:05 UTC 2005

> If I remember correctly, Visual Studio automatically scan cpp and c files
> for include dependencies and rebuild these targets if needed. (Whats
> usually makedep is for). These dependency information is not saved in
> vcproj nor solution files.
>
> This may be the hardest part to do, or is there already a KDevelop-support
> for include dependency checks?

That was a question I was going to ask yet. How does the build system
actually work? Do you have to generate a Makefile? Or how do you tell
kdevelop what exactly to build. Maybe through some API?

If I remember correctly, kdevelop doesn't have a dependency check,
other than through the Makefile. Maybe I can just use the makedep
stuff for that?

Greetz,
JeDi